This program is designed for children and youth with disabilities and those who come from a marginalized environment. It teaches individuals different vocational and life skills. The caregiver and the child work with our team to set joint goals and works towards reaching these goals in periods of three months, involving the caregiver during the first and last week. The participants are cared for by the Gabriella Centre for short time including working with their families to ensure that upon graduation they start an income generation project to support them.
As part of the integration, Our team extends the services by working closely with regular schools in the community to ensure children with disabilities are given the opportunity to develop their skills and talents through creating an inclusive learning environment.
Accomplish one or more of these tasks:
- Livestock keeping and caring for goats, chicken and rabbits.
- Vegetable gardening and organic farming
- Tree nursery gardening mostly involving fruit trees
- Cooking foods and bites such as popcorn and ground nuts.
- Tailoring which focuses on making tourist attractive products such as bags, hair bands, book covers etc.
- Carpentry focuses on making therapeutic equipment such as special seats, tables, walking aids which are sold to children with disability.
- Hand crafts; this includes using maasai beads, banana leaves to make different things like bracelets, ear rings, neck laces, and picture frames etc.
- Drama, dancing and drumming; this focuses on understanding talents as well as building their confidence and raising awareness.
- Fashion show; this also aims to building confidence as well as talents on decent fashion shows.