This program is designed for children and youth with disabilities and those who come from a marginalized environment. It teaches individuals different vocational and life skills. The caregiver and the child work with our team to set joint goals and works towards reaching these goals in periods of three months, involving the caregiver during the first and last week. The participants are cared for by the Gabriella Centre for short time including working with their families to ensure that upon graduation they start an income generation project to support them.
Accomplish one or more of these tasks:
- Livestock keeping and caring for goats, chickens,s, and rabbits.
- Vegetable gardening and organic farming
- Tree nursery gardening mostly involves fruit trees
- Cooking foods and bites such as popcorn and ground nuts.
- Tailoring focuses on making tourists attractive products such as bags, hair bands, book covers, etc.
- Carpentry focuses on making therapeutic equipment such as special seats, tables, and walking aids which are sold to children with disability.
- Hand crafts; includes using Maasai beads, banana leaves to make different things like bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and picture frames, etc.
- Drama, dancing, and drumming; focus on understanding talents as well as building their confidence and raising awareness.
- Fashion show; also aims to build confidence as well as talents in decent fashion shows.